This noodle ‘salad’ is easily one of my favorite Spring and Summertime meals. Cool noodles topped with a variety of vibrant ingredients, it has everything. There’s no doubt it’s a little time consuming to make, with so many moving parts, but the result is more than worth the effort. Indeed, the careful preparation of all the various noodle toppings is part of the zen-like fun of making this one.
My personal favorite toppings are:
- pickled radish (or daikon) and carrots
- slow roasted red onion
- crushed roasted peanuts
- roughly chopped mint and cilantro
- julienned cucumbers
- Vietnamese style meatballs (here we went vegan with Lightlife ground meat)
- a vibrant sauce of limes, oil, sambal
- and yes this secret ingredient…
Chili Beak’s signature spicy roasted chilli oil is the stuff of dreams. You can read our full review here, but to paraphrase The Dude, the sweet/smokey/spicy notes of this powerful oil – really pull the plate together.